ZDMS Junior Faculty Award for Excellence
Objective: To recognize excellence in zebrafish disease modeling research by an early career independent investigator.
Basis of award: The sole criterion for this award will be assessment of a single, senior-authored manuscript originating within the Junior Faculty Member’s own research laboratory. Papers will be assessed for overall impact in the field and the transformative potential for the greater ZDMS community.
- Invited oral plenary presentation at the forthcoming ZDMS meeting.
- Registration waiver for the forthcoming ZDMS meeting.
- Travel and hotel accommodation stipend for upcoming meeting (up to $1,500 US).
- Complimentary 3 year ZDMS membership.
Eligibility: Any research and/or academic Faculty Member that has attained research independence and runs their own active research group. Applicants having attained independent faculty positions prior to August 1, 2008 or attained the status of Full Professor are not eligible for this award. Other eligibility criteria are:
- The paper must involve a zebrafish disease model.
- The manuscript publication date must be after January 1, 2015.
- Both ZDMS members and non-members are eligible for this award.
- Current members of the ZDMS Executive Board and Award Committee are not eligible for reciept of this award.
Evidence that the paper is the Junior Faculty Member’s independent research rather than a contribution from a postdoctoral project will include:
- Being senior author of the paper (specifically, not the first author).
- The address on the paper should reflect the applicant’s independent faculty position.
Nomination: The nomination must come from a ZDMS member in good standing.
The nomination should include:
- Nominee name, academic rank, faculty start date, institution, and email address.
- Nominator name, academic rank, and institution.
- Statement of significance and impact of the paper (not to exceed 300 words).
- PDF attachment of manuscript.
- Statement by the nominee accepting nomination
Deadline for receipt of nomination: Friday, March 2nd, 2018.
Applications should be sent by email to Info@zdmsociety.org with the subject heading: “Nomination for ZDMS Award for Excellence”
Award announcement: April 9th, 2018